Goat Cheese Pudding
The smooth and creamy texture of goat cheese pudding is perfectly complemented by the tangy and earthy flavors of goat cheese. This flavorful dish makes it great for any occasion. Drizzle honey and add fresh fruit to elevate the flavor. Whether you're a cheese lover or just looking for something different to satisfy your sweet tooth, goat cheese pudding is definitely worth trying.
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey, plus more for drizzling
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- One 10 ½ ounce log of fresh goat cheese, softened (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries, for serving
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together your whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth.
3. Slowly mix in your warm milk mixture. Transfer your new mixture back into your saucepan and bring to a boil using low heat. Make sure to whisk your mixture consistently until thick.
4. Transfer your custard from the saucepan into a blender. Add your goat cheese, butter, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour the custard into a serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
5. Top with a drizzle of honey and raspberries and serve.