Pumpkin Goat Cheese Dip
Pumpkin goat cheese dip with caramelized onions is a great addition to your party spread and great for the holidays. It can be served hot or cold!
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced (about 1 sprig)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper
Cold dip option:
- Place olive oil and butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. Add onions and rosemary and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently until onions are golden brown and caramelized. If mixture starts to burn or pan dries out too much, add a bit of water, stir and continue cooking.
- While onions are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a handheld mixer until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Once onions are caramelized, add 3/4 of them to the bowl and mix again.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl, top with remaining caramelized onions and any other garnishes (additional rosemary, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.) and serve with crackers or sliced fruit.
Hot dip option:
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Transfer dip to an oven safe baking dish and bake for 10 minutes until warmed through and the top of the dip starts to turn golden along edges.
- Remove from the oven, top with remaining caramelized onions, garnish as desired (pumpkin seeds, rosemary, sunflower seeds, etc.) and serve with crackers or sliced fruit.
This scrumptious No Bake Pumpkin Pie is a delightful twist on traditional pumpkin pie with the sa...
Taking care of our skin is essential to achieving a vibrant and glowing appearance. Retinol an...