Goat Cheese Maple Pecan Cookies
These goat cheese maple pecan cookies are perfectly chewy. Full of goat cheese and maple flavor and rich, toasted pecans you won't be able to eat just one!
1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup softened unsalted butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 ounces softened goat cheese
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 large egg yolk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, use a handheld mixer with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed to cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the goat cheese and beat again until combined. Scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed. Add maple syrup, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat all together until everything is mixed.
- In the same bowl, take your medium-sized bowl and slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl with a decrease speed using the handheld mixer. Mix until a dough forms, then fold the pecans in with a spatula.
- Using your hands or tool of choice, gently roll the dough into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes, until cookies are slightly cracked on the top.
- Serve and enjoy!